Shepherd Auto Parts - Buy Auto Parts Online

Friday, July 22, 2011

The Automotive Technician

While in the last post, I did say not to pick a shop solely on a technician; Yes I did mean every part of that. However I do not want any of you thinking that the automotive technician is not an important part of the dynamic of the shop. While this may sound a bit like a contradiction, I assure you that it is not. I am not saying to pick an automotive repair facility based on one individual technician. What I am saying is to pick a repair shop based on the quality of the technician that the management chooses to employ. You would not want just anyone working on your car. There is nothing wrong with asking the service writer about the technicians that they have employed. Some of the questions that you may want to ask. What kind of training do the technicians have? Are any of your technicians ASE(Automotive Service Excellence) certified? If you are not familiar with what ASE is I would suggest looking it up. I have provided a link at the end of this post. The short version is they are a non profit organization designed to increase the quality of service one would receive at an automotive repair shop. These would only be a couple of the questions that I would suggest that you ask. Some of the training that would be important, schooling, any dealership training, or just how many years of experience a technician might have. Ask about anything that might grab your attention when arriving. The quality of the technician is an integral part of the running of a shop. Almost as important as the ownership and management of the shop. A good ownership and management team will try hard to employ good technicians. This is not always a guarantee. I would encourage you to ask as may questions as possible.
                                                                 http://www.ase.com

No comments:

Post a Comment